December 24, 2011

Christmas Cookies: Part 2

Happy Christmas Eve!

I told you all I would NOT forget to tell you about those delicious double chocolate cookies I pictured yesterday!
And they are one BIG cookie! I adapted a double chocolate chip cookie recipe I found online, because I wanted the cookie to have more of a wintery holiday feel. With the addition of my "secret" ingredient, they came out really well with just a hit of peppermint!

What was my "secret" ingredient you ask? Candy Cane Joe Joe's!!
Now, Trader Joe's is one of my favorite grocery stores to visit, mainly because I always end up finding a product that looks delicious and is never on my actual grocery list. And that is how the candy cane Joe Joe's ended up in these cookies! Hope you enjoy!

Print this recipe!

Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies


Adapted from Annie's Eats


Ingredients

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, sifted
  • 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
  • 12 Candy Cane Joe Joe's, crushed
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a stand or electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar, and beat together until light and fluffy.
  3. Add in the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, making sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
  4. Add the cocoa powder into the mixture until throughly mixed together.
  5. Sift the rest of the dry ingredients together and add dry to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
  6. With a spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and peppermint cookies until evenly combined.
  7. Roll the dough into rounded tablespoons and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the dough balls slightly so they are flat on top. Visual:
Bake cookies for 12 - 15 minutes, being sure not to over-bake. Cool on a wire cooling rack and enjoy!

Yield: About 28 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment