February 8, 2012

Yoga and Veggie Burgers

Today has just been one of those days... or really the last three days have been. It's just one of those times, where you realize how much you have to do and how little time you have to do it in, combined with the days where nothing seems to go your way. That was yesterday for me. But honestly, it might have been time for me to have one of those days.

You see, I used to feel this way more frequently, especially in college where I probably way over-exerted myself in my extracurriculars and felt the need to be a perfectionist in my studies. Result: way too much stress that wasn't even worth it. Especially since those stress episodes seemed to disappear once I started my weekly Friday afternoon yoga sessions.
yoga on the beach = dream!
 In the beginning, I was very convinced that yoga wasn't really "exercise" and if I was going to actually go and work out, I wanted to sweat! But once I actually tried yoga, my life was changed forever. It was SO RELAXING to the point where I felt much less stress throughout the rest of the week! It was amazing! But since starting grad school, those weekly yoga sessions have fallen by the wayside. But after how I felt yesterday, I might actually have to try to go out of my way to find a weekly yoga class on the cheap. But I got through it and it was nothing that a little cry-fest and two cookies couldn't fix. And they were some delicious cookies.

And for fun, I tried out a new product! Amy's California Veggie Burgers
Result: delicious!
I prepared my burger in a skillet sauteed in a bit of olive oil. The result came out quite nicely! A crispy outside, with a soft interior. I ate mine with a bit of hummus and pesto and a mini-side of fettuccine bolognese.
You know what was the best part about these veggie burgers? They were actually made with vegetables!! And none of those bean and rice fillers....one of my biggest veggie burger pet peeves. The product had very few ingredients (mostly vegetables), low sodium, and a bit of protein. I would definitely buy these again and they are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner on the go! Check them out of their website, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment