February 4, 2012

Comfort Food

So, I mentioned yesterday that I am sick. Well, that is still a true statement, but I'm on the upswing, so good news there! And like anyone feeling a little under the weather, comfort food is exactly what the doctor ordered.

My kind of comfort food was a little different than what you would normally expect of a bed ridden person, and I thought my nutritional choices yesterday were HILARIOUS, so I thought I would share. Over the course of the day, I consumed:

  • a bowl of cereal
  • half of a bagel turkey sandwich 
  • granola bar
  • macaroni and cheese
  • 1.75 cookies
  • ONE GALLON of fluids!
ok, one gallon might not seem like a big endeavor, but you go try to drink eight pounds of fluid throughout the day and tell me how hard that is! Yes, over 130 ounces of water/ vitamin water went through my system, and I'm attributing all the liquid to my upbeat mood today (or maybe that just happens when you've been sitting in bed for 2 days).

But anyway, back to the food... nothing but carbs! And it was amazingly lovely! While some people may only crave hot soup for their food of choice, not me. I've never been a soup person... I prefer to chew my food...so crazy carbs it was and oh so delicious! 

What can I say? My body was just craving some glucose. And my bed-time snack was the same theme:
And I ate this all while studying diabetes... the ironic-ness of the statement never fails to make me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment