January 31, 2012

Eat your greens!

I'm back for another Try it Tuesday post!

On many days, I go workout at 6 pm or even later, so I usually get really hungry in between that time and lunch. And that was definitely the case yesterday. So I tried out an Amazing Grass Bar.
I tried the chocolate flavor and it was pretty darn tasty! The Amazing Grass Company is know for their protein powder mix, which is organic and 100% plant based. And the energy bars, like the one I ate, combines their protein powder mix into an compact and portable form!
I'm not going to lie... I was a tad worried about what this bar would taste like. I've read from other blogs about the Amazing Grass protein powder and apparently it has an interesting flavor. But surprisingly, this bar tasted just like chocolate! The inner part has a slightly "tinge" of green, but for the most part, it didn't taste like much, except chocolate!
I love that this bar is certified 100% organic and it was completely delicious and held my hunger over quite nicely through bootcamp, without making be feel super heavy. I will definitely be trying this again sometime! For a quick nutritional breakdown:

kcal: 230
Fat: 8 g ( only 1 g saturated fat)
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 25 mg (SUPER low!)
Carbs: 35 g
Sugars: 26 grams
Protein: 5 grams

It's a tad high in sugar, but the added protein keeps you feeling full more than a plain old granola bar.

For more info on Amazing Grass products, check them out online, here!

No comments:

Post a Comment