February 3, 2012

Sometimes a blogger gets sick...

I knew this day would happen at one point.

I would become sick and not have anything prepared to blog about....SAD DAY! It's terrible when you have lots of yummy food planned to make, and all you feel like eating is bland crackers and macaroni and cheese from a box (it's the organic kind at least!). So I apologize for the lack of interesting pictures, but hopefully my "sickness" will leave me and I can return to my weekly dinner plan.

But I do have a little "trick" up my sleeve, so I will be sharing that with you all today!

Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars


I have been wanting to make my own granola bars for a while now to try and pack as much delicious nutrition in it as possible without it being overly sweet. And for a first-timer, I think I did a pretty darn good job! Crunchy, soft, and chewy in all of the right places!

PS: I apologize in advance, because I do not know what size pan is appropriate for these bars. I made a "mini" batch when creating the recipe and I just doubled that to give you a "normal" size batch...oops!

Print this recipe!

Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars


Ingredients
  • 1 cup (100 grams) rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup (40 grams) whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/4 cup (40 grams) raw sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup (60 grams) raisins
  • 1/8 cup (15 grams) toasted wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup raw almonds and walnuts, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup local honey


Directions

Combine all of the ingredients together, except the honey, until everything is evenly mixed and well blended together.

Add the honey and I recommend spraying your hands with pam spray before incorporating everything together. It is MUCH easier if you use your hands to combine everything.

Spread mixture into an 8 x 8 slightly greased oven safe dish. To spread out the mixture evenly and with minimal mess, use wax paper to spread and flatten the granola bar mixture.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 - 20 minutes.

Allow to cool, and then slice into 8 individual bars

No comments:

Post a Comment