March 20, 2012

Spicy Chicken

Spring Break is over!! :(

It is always a sad time when you have to go back to your normal work/ school life after a wonderful break time... but I guess that is how the world works!

And since its post-spring break, I am preparing my self for a detox week, to rid my system of all of the decadent goodies I gorged on over spring break. And I'll be putting up some wonderful recipes that should help nourish your body and provide it all the nutrients you need!


But in the mean time, I hope you enjoy this recipe for some Spicy Tequila-Lime Marinated Chicken. It's not exactly on the detox plan, but it is a recipe I have been meaning to share! And it will go great with some homemade corn tortillas!

Just so we're clear... I did say they are spicy! Proceed with caution... and maybe a glass of milk on the side!

Print this recipe!

Spicy Tequila-Lime Marinated Chicken

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
  • 1/4 cup tequila
  • 1 oz triple sec
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 serrano pepper (seeds removed if you want less heat)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 whole chicken breast
Directions
Combine all ingredients listed (except chicken) into a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixture is smooth.


Before
After
Pour marinade into a shallow dish and place chicken in dish to marinade for 1 - 2 hours. Flip the chicken breasts once, about half way through the marinade time.

Yummy chicken
Place a non-stick pan over medium high heat and sear the chicken breasts on each side. Should take about 4 - 5 minutes per side. Reserve excess marinade.

Make sure it looks golden brown, just like this!
After both sides are golden brown, reduce heat to medium low and remove chicken from pan. Put chicken onto a cutting board and slice chicken into strips, about 1/2 inch thick.

Chicken + Marinade
Return chicken to pan and add the excess marinade. Stir everything to combine and let simmer for another 3 - 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through.

Remove from heat and use chicken anyway you see fit! My favorite way...chicken tacos!
Top with caramelized onions...

 guacamole...

 chopped tomatoes, black beans and lettuce!
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OMG - this sounds amazing!! I love spicy chicken. I am going to make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Let me know how it turns out for you! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete