January 10, 2012

Best Indian Cookbook.... EVER

Chicken Tikka Masala

That is what I made tonight for dinner.

I have made this before with the same recipe and it never fails to disappoint. And it is comparable in delicious-ness to any Indian restaurant.

What is the recipe you may ask? Well, I can't give it away, but I can tell you where to find it!
The Best Ever Indian Cookbook. They name speak for itself, so don't underestimate it.

I was gifted this book by a family friend, who comes from a very traditional Indian family. He was raised in India and has never tasted a piece of meat. When he gave me this book, I was excited to try out the recipes.

The best thing about the cookbook? The PICTURES!! I'm very picky about my cookbooks because I like a lot of pictures. I just want to know what the dish looks like before I make it! Is that so much to ask? This book is amazing, because there are literally pictures for EVERYTHING. Every dish, every meal, and most ingredients! There are even step-by-step pictures in the recipe that breaks down how to do everything. Very helpful if you are not familiar with Indian cooking.

The book also has a nice glossary and in the beginning, it has a multitude of pages explaining the unique spices of Indian cuisine. There is also some pages on making the sauce bases that you will need for many of the recipes in the book.

Overall, I wish all cookbooks used this template. So many pictures and lots of step-by-step instructions, it truly is the Best Ever Indian Cookbook.

On my plate tonight? Chicken tikka masala with whole wheat naan bread. yummmmmmmmy.

Go get this book now! But you can't find the whole wheat naan recipe in the book. Check back tomorrow for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment