If you live in Texas, go support your local business and buy some now! You won't be disappointed!
Print this recipe!
Black Bean & Chicken Enchiladas
- One jar Enchiladas Ole! red sauce, or sauce of your choice
- 8 corn tortillas, preferably homemade
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 tomato, diced
- chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I like to shred rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup 2% milk mexican cheese
- Salsa and/or guacamole to serve
In a shallow pan, heat sauce with 1 cup of water on medium heat until simmering. Stir the sauce every few minutes throughout the process.
In a 8x8 pan, pour about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom.
Take your corn tortillas, and dip it in the simmering sauce for 5 seconds (MAX).
Fill tortilla with chicken, black beans, tomato, and a sprinkle of cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Note: this recipe could easily be made vegetarian by substituting sauteed vegetables for the chicken