January 23, 2012

Weekend Workout!

So I'm pretty sure 75 - 80 degree weather in the middle of January is highly abnormal. BUT I'm not complaining. So yesterday, I took advantage of wearing shorts and a tank top and went for a workout on the Katy Trail! For those of you not living in Dallas, the Katy Trail is this great 3 - 4 mile long trail near downtown Dallas. It's so peaceful and pretty, you would never know you're in the middle of a big city!

But it looks like everyone else had that same idea of working out yesterday too, because it was PACKED! And hopefully this nice weather is spreading throughout the rest of the country, so I thought it would be a good time to share the workout I did yesterday.

I'm had a bit of an IT band issue for almost a year now, so running long distances (3+ miles) isn't something I can do very well anymore. So, yesterday I made up an interval workout and I was exhausted for the rest of the day! The layout was:

Warm up: 0.25 mile brisk walk

1 mile jog - comfortable pace

[ 1 minute sprint + 2 minute walk ] x 7

0.25 mile cool down jog

0.25 mile walk back to the car

All together, this workout took me about 50 minutes to complete and it about wore me out for the rest of the day. Intervals are definitely the way to go if you want a high-intensity workout.

Happy Sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment