February 22, 2012

Cookies make it better

February 21st was not a good day for me. It started at the stroke of midnight not so great.

Long story short, when a computer is supposed to look like this:

 Mine looked like this:
Frankly, it is a major problem when your computer screen is not functional and you have just about a day to study for a test that you have barely looked at the material. Needless to say, I was freaking out.

I had never before realized how much value I place on my computer. The majority of the things in my life (such as school work and this blog) revolve around having a functional laptop with internet access. I was literally terrified when I thought I would not be able to use my study guides, since they had yet to be printed.

Thankfully, everything worked out and my test is over! And yes, I did recover my study guides if you were wondering (thank you extra computer monitor!).

Nonetheless, yesterday called for cookies. And want I came up with were delicious and had the potential to be vegan with a few minor adjustments! And I have determined that they are healthy due to their lack of eggs, oil, and butter.

The resulting deliciousness turned out a bit like a mix between a cookie and banana bread, but when you eat them straight out of the oven, its hard to believe these are "healthy" because they taste so darn similar to the real full-fat butter laden version. (and ridiculously simple to make)

(Side note: I'm pretty sure these would be considered fat-free....didn't mean for it to happen like that, but I will take it!)

Your day will turn around super fast after consuming one of these. I promise!

Print this recipe!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: a perfect size batch for one person, 7 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/8 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground flax
  • 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
In a bowl, mash banana with brown sugar with a fork until the majority of the lumps are gone



Add in the oats, flours, flax, baking soda, baking powder, and milk. Stir with fork until just combined.


Stir in the chocolate chips and set in the refrigerator for 30 - 60 minutes.

safe to eat raw!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 11 - 13 minutes. (Bonus points if you have a silicon baking mat)


Promptly consume

No comments:

Post a Comment