February 21, 2012

Valentine Date!

I hope you all enjoyed the cute aquarium pictures! Once stepping foot inside the aquarium, I was obsessed! I love that there were a lot of other animals besides fish in there as well. (My fav's were the monkeys! They were the size my hand... so cute!)

I know this is like, WAY after the fact, but it is also one of my final "Dallas Eats" posts. And I thought it only appropriate to save the best for last!

When Marshall was here, he took me out to a fantastic dinner as an early Valentine's Day Date! The fun part was that I had absolutely no idea where we were going for dinner until we drove up to the restaurant. (Fun fact: I love surprises!) And when we drove up to Ocean Prime, I was super excited!
[source]
 I had heard about this restaurant and had be DYING to go! Especially since their Carrot Cake Dessert has been voted the best in Dallas (score!).

But since dinner was on the late side (8:30 pm), we began our Valentine's Day date in my apartment with pink prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries. This was my surprise to Marshall. I know how much he loves chocolate covered strawberries, so I picked him up a few from my other favorite, Central Market.

After our little "appetizer" it was dinner time! The entire meal was delicious. We began out dining experience with cocktails!
He got bourbon, and I got a Prime Margarita which has Elderflower, Ruby Red Grapefruit, and Agave Nectar. Refreshing!

Ocean Prime is known for both their seafood and steak dishes, so I made sure to get a taste of both. Appetizer = one of the best things ever (Marshall and I decided that if we go back, we are ordering three of these and calling it a night).
That outstanding creation would be the Ahi Tuna Tartar with avocado and ginger ponzu sauce. This was seriously one of the best things of the night. The flavors worked perfectly together, with just a hint of heat from the jalapenos in the avocado. I'm so glad that this was a large appetizer, because you really never wanted it to end.

Onto the dinner course. And after the appetizer, I was expecting an amazing meal... and that is exactly what I got. I ordered the special of the night, a ribeye tenderloin with chipotle sauce, queso fresco, and  roasted tomatoes.
Very delicious and tender. The way the chipotle was incorporated into the sauce also made for an interesting flavor combination. Marshall ordered the seared scallops.
He enjoyed every last one of them! They were perfectly cooked and the soy butter sauce they were sitting in was a nice touch!

And we can't forget, we needed our vegetable intake.
Roasted asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Wonderful! But after all of this food, we saved some room for dessert. As soon as we walked in the door tonight, I knew I would be ordering the carrot cake for dessert. Didn't even need to look at the menu... knew exactly what I wanted.
This was seriously some of the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. Hands Down. Totally the best dessert in Dallas. Seriously if you only go to Ocean Prime and order one thing, get the carrot cake (or the tuna tartar). Either way, you will NOT be disappointed. 

So many layers with perfect cream cheese buttercream in between all ten layers (I counted). Perfect way to end a wonderful day!

*******
I hope you all enjoyed a little restaurant tour through Dallas. This city really has wonderful restaurants and I don't think you could go wrong with wherever you go.

But I promise I will be back with some recipes soon! School has taken over my life a bit, which doesn't leave much time for recipe experimenting. But my next recipe is tasty, so you should get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment