February 25, 2012

Mango Madness

So, remember my computer problem? Well, my computer has now been sent to the Apple store to get fixed... and it will take a WEEK!

Ok, really a week is not a long period of time, but it just throws off your daily routine a bit. You just have to do things a little different than you would normally, which isn't necessarily bad...but its just different.

Luckily, my mom sent me my old computer so I can get my school work and blogging done in this computer-less week so I'm not completely removed from the technology world. But it has delayed my planned blog post.

Without further ado, this was my blog post that was supposed to happen a few days ago in honor of National Margarita Day! (Fun Fact: a margarita is my favorite cocktail drink)

National Margarita Day is always on February 22nd, however I was completely not aware of that fact until Feb. 22nd at about 7:30 pm at night. Nevertheless, I still made a margarita to celebrate said day, and now I am sharing my concoction with you!

Enter Frozen Mango Margaritas

Delicious and refreshing in every way. My pet peeve with most margaritas is that they are made with super fake and super sweet, loaded with refined sugar, margaritas mixes. True margaritas should never be touched with refined sugar and should be sweetened simply with agave nectar.

And because I used real, frozen mango, I'd call that a serving of fruit right there! This drink is perfect for a chill night at home, or a nice weekend afternoon sitting on the porch in 70 degree weather. (I can't wait for spring!)

Onto the recipe!

You need to gather your ingredients....

Rule #1 --> DON'T BUY CRAPPY TEQUILA! That is the first margarita no-no. If you're going to make a margarita, you want to make sure its good!!! So go get a nice bottle of 100% agave tequila. It doesn't have to be expensive but it has to be 100% agave tequila.

And you will need either a food processor or a blender. And don't forget the most important ingredient!
MANGO
Make sure the mango is completely frozen. So that does not mean you go cut up and put your mango in the freezer an hour before you want to make this. It will NOT work. But this is not a problem if you're like me and always have some mango in the freezer for impromptu occasions like this.

Next Step --> take your two limes and juice them. Make sure to get ALL of the juice out... this is easily accomplished with a citrus reamer. 



Aren't limes pretty?? Ok, moving on... go put your frozen mango in the food processor/ blender. It used about one entire mango, frozen. (It's a lot of whole yummy fruit!) 

Pulse in processor until the fruit is chopped up into little pieces. Like so:
Then add the rest of your ingredients....
  • 2 oz. tequila
  • Juice of two limes (~ 2 oz)
  • 1/2 oz. of triple sec
  • 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (more or less to taste)
Add to blender and mix until it is smooth. If it looks too liquidly, you will need to add more frozen mango. Serve in your favorite glass with a sugared rim (or salted if you prefer) with a lime wedge to garnish.

And this recipe serves one. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment