March 10, 2012

Spring Break Appropriate

SPRING BREAK!
SB '11: Key Largo
I thought it would never get here! Truthfully.... I didn't have a lot of pre-spring break exams. But between classes, my one exam, packing, bootcamp, and pre-spring break activities, my blogging time was limited (I deeply apologize for that... I'll try to be better). But like any spring break it needs to start with this:
Strawberry Daiquiris 
Last year, I was sipping these on our own private beach surrounded by water and friends. Our Key Largo spring break was definitely a highlight of senior year.

This year, spring break is a little different... no beach, lots of school work... welcome to grad school. BUT making these drinks will make you feel like you're on spring break back in college. One word: refreshing 


To prepare this drink, you will need frozen strawberries, lime juice, agave, rum, and ice.
Grab your blender, and place ingredients in the blender in this order:
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 4.5 oz rum
  • 1 Tablespoon raw agave nectar
Just like my mango margarita recipe, this drink uses only whole fruit and natural sweeteners!
One final ingredients to add, some ice cubes! 1/4 cup or about this amount:
Blend Blend Blend! Until everything is combined and smooth.
Pour into two glasses and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment