April 28, 2012

Gone Coconuts!

So what does one do on the Friday night before exams??

Eat dessert ... duh!

Like any good student, I stayed in on this Friday night fully expecting to chill, but get some studying done.

50% was accomplished.... I did NOT study!!! It's just so hard to study when sitting on the couch under your favorite heated blanket just sounds SO MUCH BETTER!!

The "chill" part, however, I completed with flying colors! And I did just that with a cold and creamy bowl of delicious-ness!

Enter: Coconut Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
I have been wanting to try coconut milk ice cream for AGES!! But, I had never purchased it because it was so expensive ($6 for a pint = pricy!)

BUT, I decided I deserved a little something sweet for doing all the studying that I plan on doing. So, I scooped it up and never looked back. And boy, I am so glad I did!!

This ice creamy is incredibly creamy and has a wonderful flavor. The ice cream does have a coconut flavor, but it is very mild and in no way overbearing. I like the flavor of coconut, but I'm not a fan of the shredded stuff, so this ice cream combines the best of both worlds!!

Cookie dough flavor... great choice! But I actually liked the flavor of the ice cream so much better that I'm considering just trying the "vanilla" or whatever the non-flavored kind is next time!

look at that marbling! 
As you can see from the above picture, the ice cream not only had cookie dough, but it also had a chocolate swirl. Score! And because it is made with coconut milk, the resulting ice cream is a lot denser than the normal stuff, so a little goes a long way.

Seriously, I might have to open up a coconut milk ice cream shop, because this ice cream blew my taste buds out of the water!!


This was my dessert last night: a little scoop of ice cream with a warmed cookie on the side... delicious! 

But really, go try some coconut ice cream ASAP!! You will love it!!



seriously... go now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment